Fashion retailer UNKNWN teamed up with Chicago artist Julian Victor LaMarr Gaines, aka Ju Working on Projects, aka Juwop, for BLACK SOULS exhibition presented during Art Basel 2018. The interactive exhibit is a social commentary on the tragic and unnecessary deaths triggered by the violence surrounding sneaker culture product procurement and trade. UNKNWN x Ju Working on Projects will release two limited edition screen printed graphic t-shirts and 50 pairs of hand painted Nike Air Force 1’s inspired by BLACK SOULS.
– Julian Victor LaMarr Gaines, known as Juwop (or Ju Working On Projects) is a 27-year-old multi-faceted freelance fine-artist, designer and consultant from Chicago’s Southeast side.Ju Working On Projects work with NIKE and Jordan Brand includes two recent collaborations:
– 2018’s “Game Worn” collection that includes ’80s classics: the Nike Sky Force and Vortex
– 2017’s “Trap n Fields” Collection including a hand painted Nike AF1
– UNKNWN is Miami’s premier contemporary retailer
– One Six Six space powered by UNKNWN located at 166 NW 26th St, Miami, Florida is a temporary pop-up space in Wynwood.
The exclusive installation, Black Souls collection, and pop-up shop will be located at the One Six Six space powered by UNKNWN – located at 166 NW 26th Street (Miami, FL 33127) until December 10th 2018.
Photo credit: @UNKNWN