Six Must-have Men’s Wardrobe Essentials
By choosing the items of clothing that are versatile you can look effortlessly stylish all year round, and all without spending too much money. Here we have compiled a list of the six key items of clothing that every wardrobe should have.
1. Chinos come in a broad range of styles and they are possibly one of the most versatile items of clothing that you can have in your wardrobe. They are suitable for both men and women, and depending on what you pair them with they can be smart or casual. For a classic look choose black or white.
2. Whether you want something that can be thrown on quickly in the colder months of the year, you need something fast to slip into for the gym, or you just want something to relax in at the weekend, every wardrobe should have a pair of track pants.
Track pants haven’t always been deemed as fashionable, but they have been coming back into trend in recent years, especially with the fresher styles coming out. Don’t be scared to try some of the more colourful designs – and if you want to wear them to work, go for the smarter designs that are available now. And remember there is just one golden rule for wearing track pants – don’t wear them with socks.
3. Muscle tops and muscle tees aren’t just for showing off your muscles; they make a multipurpose item of clothing that can be worn in numerous different ways. Pair them with cropped denim shorts, jeans, long or short skirts during the summer, or wear them when you need an extra layer underneath when the seasons start to change.
Whatever you choose to wear them with, remember that muscle Tees can be quite loose-fitting so team them up with something smart then you won’t appear too laid-back or untidy.
4. No wardrobe can ever have too many Tees. They are perfect for casual clothing in the summer or for gym wear, and you can layer them underneath during the colder weather. Make sure you have a wide variety of different styles so there is something suitable for every season and every occasion.
Choose plain colours if you to appear smarter, and go for colourful, vibrant designs when you’re dressing down and want to look casual. Brands like Kiss Chacey do a good mix of both.
5. Flight pants are considered on trend at the moment, and depending on the style you choose to go with, it is possible to achieve either a casual look or a smart appearance. For a smarter look, choose black, navy or sand, and for something more casual try a pair in denim. If you are looking for specific brands, Nena and Pasadena flight pants from Neverland Store come in a great variety of styles that are suitable for both men and women.
6. Whether it’s long, short, cropped, patterned or plain every wardrobe needs at least one jacket. If you are looking for something that will go with almost everything, choose plain colours like black, navy or grey, or if you don’t mind standing out from the crowd go for something more dramatic like leopard print or bold checks. Whichever style you choose, just make sure it complements what you are wearing and your overall style. Military jackets are also making a come back this season in menswear trend reports, taking the shelves of top brand designer collaboration with high street stores, as well as the prestige luxury brands.
For summer and spring wear, pastel shades are always good – and make sure you have at least one cropped jacket in the wardrobe for the changeable weather that often comes with the spring season.
Model in the feature is Ivan K at Fox Fashion Agency photographed by Igor C for Design SCENE.