With the cost of getting on the property ladder going up so is getting your home all furnished and designed. With money budgeting being a priority for nearly all of us it can really help to save them few pennies when designing your home. The design of course is a must – you want your house to really feel like a home and time and effort need to be contributed in order to achieve the perfect home for you and your family. Today we’re going to look at ways you can cut back on your spending when you’re going through the process of designing or redesigning your home.
Read more after the jump:
Tips on saving money
Below are just some of the ways in which you can go about saving yourself money whilst at the same time bringing a whole new feel to your home that reflects you as a person and your taste. Of course these aren’t the only set of ways but some starter points:
• When shopping online look for wholesale cabinets – just because they’re wholesale doesn’t mean you have to be an established business, they sell to individuals also and you’ll get these at a reduced price but with no reduction in quality.
• If you need jobs doing around the house such as tiling why not try doing this yourself – of course this can become costly in terms of time and preparation but with the right planning you’ll be able to save money that otherwise would have been used hiring a tradesmen.
• Go to car boot sales – if you need little objects to occupy shelf space in your home you can usually find a diverse range of these at car boot sales for next to nothing.
• Shop for second hand goods – not everything has to be new. Sometimes if a previous owner has taken care of their sofa for example you can save yourself a considerable amount as opposed to buying a new sofa.
• If you’ve yet to buy a house – shop around the market. Don’t just go for the first property you see as there could be cheaper alternatives that catch your eye. If you really need financial reinforcement, you can explore the possibility of applying for a mortgage loan.
• If you building your own home from the ground up shop around for quotes from builders and ensure the ones you’ve chosen are reputable and can provide references of past works from clients.
• When shopping online for goods for your house always take advantage of retailers that offer free shopping – especially with heavy duty items.
• Prolong the life of materials such as leather in your house by occasionally using olive oil with them for added protection.
Whether you’re planning on building your house from the ground up or whether you’re entering the property market by getting your first mortgage there are plenty of ways to save money both during the design and decorating process. There will always be companies that aim to take advantage of naïve buyers who haven’t shopped around or aren’t savvy. That’s why we’ve put together just some of the steps you can take in order to save yourself money, as the whole process in itself is already expensive enough so every little helps. A good option is always to ask your friends and family as well – those who have been in your situation before bring with them a wealth of experience and they could advise you on the best ways to go around saving yourself money in the same manner that they did. There are also many websites online that list different ways to save money so you’re not short of any sources in order to help you with the savings.