Home renovations are a great way to change your home into something brand new. Home renovations can add value to a home, but they also require careful thought and planning. With the different renovation project options available, you should choose the ones that can increase your property value further.
Home renovation projects can significantly increase the value of your home, but they can also be costly. If you’re planning to sell your property soon and don’t want to deal with the hassle and costs of renovations, it’s best to sell to cash buyers. These companies buy your home on as ‘as is’ basis, so there’s no need for you to renovate.
However, if you genuinely enjoy the creative process of updating and remodeling your home, here are five renovation ideas that can increase the value of your property:
The kitchen is considered the heart of the home. That’s why an updated and modern kitchen increases the overall value of the property significantly. Here are some ways you can update your kitchen:
- Fixtures: Adding new or custom fixtures such as paintings and chandeliers can update your space. You can also change the sink, faucet, and cabinet design.
- New Paint: Painting a wall into your kitchen will make it feel larger and more open. You should choose light and inviting colors like white and light blue.
- Kitchen Island: Having a kitchen island is beneficial because it adds counter space and a dining area. You can also add bar stools and island bars to complete the look.
- Countertops: Investing in a new countertop will also make your home more appealing and welcoming. Laminate countertops are very durable, and they’re easy to clean and maintain. They come in standard sizes, but you can get yours customized if you have a larger kitchen or more space to work with.
- Storage: Adding storage is very affordable and easy to do. The possibilities are almost endless. If you have the budget, it’s a good idea to invest in some shelving units. It’s also best to have a designated pantry to keep everything organized.
- Stainless Steel Energy Efficient Appliances: Many homeowners like the look of stainless-steel appliances because they fit any kitchen style and color. It’s also a plus if the appliances are energy efficient because homeowners can save more money on utilities in the long run.
Kitchen renovations help sell your house fast. Even minor renovations can give you high returns. It’s said that a minor kitchen remodel can help you recover about 77% of your costs in case of a resale.
Increase Livable Space
One of the ways to increase livable space is to have a finished basement. You’ll have an extra living space. The basement is already available, so you don’t have to worry about finding a room in your house. You can also have a finished basement and use it as additional storage space.
If you have a large backyard or more space on your lot, you can build an extension of your living space. This home addition can serve as a guest house for family members who come to visit. You can also rent out the space if you want to earn some passive income.
Have An Open Floor Plan
An open floor plan in home architecture refers to a house in which two or more habitable rooms are connected into a larger open space by eliminating physical partition walls. In an open floor plan building, heavy-duty frames—rather than internal load-bearing walls—support the roof.
Many of today’s new homes are being built with what are known as mixed-use floor plans. In such homes, the kitchen and dining areas are integrated into one large open space, while the master bedroom and some other spaces are contained.
Improve Curb Appeal
Curb appeal describes a home’s visual appeal, which can directly impact whether or not the property sells. Although curb appeal doesn’t directly affect the overall quality, it can make the difference between getting a lot of prospective buyers and having few.
When it comes to improving your home’s curb appeal, one of the first steps is choosing the proper paint color for your home. There are several different types of paint that you can choose from, including colors that are warm in colors such as cream or cool colors such as blue.
Landscaping is another quick and easy way to increase the value of your home. With some changes to your landscaping, you can easily double the overall value you have for your property. Make sure you maintain the look of your bushes and plants to improve your curb appeal.
Adding light fixtures around your home can give it an inviting feel. You can also build a patio and turn it into an outdoor living space with some comfy outdoor furniture.
Convert To Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors are durable and easy to clean, making them ideal for high traffic areas like entryways and bedrooms. If you’re considering adding new flooring to your home or renovating your existing floor, you should take the time to learn more about the benefits of hardwood floors.
Many homeowners find that installing hardwood floors can enhance the beauty of their home while lowering the cost of their home improvement project. The rich look of wood floors can easily be combined with expensive furniture and accessories to create a stunning focal point in any room. Hardwood flooring can also be designed to accommodate various dimensions necessary for hallways, bedrooms, or even kitchens.
Another benefit of hardwood flooring is its durability. Homeowners can enjoy the benefits of hardwood floors throughout their life. These floors can withstand daily wear and tear.
Renovations are a way of sprucing up your home by improving its appearance and functionality. Choosing the right project can help increase the overall value of the property. One of the best places to start is the kitchen. The kitchen is considered the heart of the home, and because it has higher traffic, many people put importance on it.
You can also increase the space by having an open floor plan or work on a finished basement or a home addition. By adding more space, you can increase the square footage of your home and increase its overall value. You can also choose to convert to hardwood floors. Not only are hardwood floors timeless, they’re also very durable and easy to maintain. Lastly, don’t forget to improve your curb appeal. You should invest in painting your exteriors and ensure it has stunning landscaping.