in

Natural vs. Organic Beauty – What You Need to Know?

Here is everything you need to know on the topic of natural vs. organic beauty products

Natural vs. Organic Beauty - What You Need to Know

Human skin can absorb as much as 60% of what’s applied to it, and that’s a proven fact. Also, too many people don’t pay much attention to what they apply to their skin, both women and men alike. That’s why severe skin infections are rising for quite some time. However, if you are reading this, we like to believe that you are not part of the group that doesn’t check the labels before purchasing a product.

On the other hand, if you are the type of person who asks whether the UK-made natural deodorant is organic or not, then you will find the following lines very educational.

Here is everything you need to know on the topic of natural vs. organic beauty products.

Natural vs. Organic Beauty - What You Need to Know

Natural Beauty Products

Generally speaking, products that contain at least 95% natural ingredients can be considered natural. Furthermore, those natural products need to be extracted from plants, flowers, or some mineral sources. The quality of the natural ingredients needs to be preserved throughout the manufacturing process. Substances such as GMOs, petrochemicals, and sulfates are harmful to the environment and should be strictly forbidden.

As far as certification goes, both FI and Cosmos demand 95% of the ingredients to be of natural origin or natural. But FI-Nature has an additional requirement that asks for the remaining 5% to be ingredients ratified for cosmetic use. Therefore, for natural products, FI-Nature certification can be somewhat considered more trustworthy.

Organic Beauty Products

To recognize an organic beauty product, one needs to look for the COSMOS ORGANIC signature. Any product without this signature cannot be considered organic. For a beauty product to be considered organic, it needs to feature at least 95% of ingredients produced on an organic farm.

Natural vs. Organic Beauty - What You Need to Know

Dirty Industry Tricks

Keep a close eye on the percentage of those products present in that product. For example, a product can be advertised and sold as an “aloe vera lotion”, while in reality, it contains only a tiny amount of actual aloe vera. In the meantime, the companies can trick the consumer into thinking it is a natural or even an organic product. However, it can be packed with synthetic ingredients.

One also needs to consider animal-derived ingredients such as honey and beeswax. These ingredients are also something that one needs to consider because they are also labeled as natural products. To that end, you might want to check if that product is vegan.

So, what’s best?

It all comes down to your personal preferences and the ingredients within the product, the percentage of natural ingredients, the percentage of organic ingredients, and pretty much anything that can tell you more about its content. The truth is there is no clear winner in this race. Sometimes you will be better off with organic, other times with some natural product. When you can’t make your mind between two products, go for the one with the better online reviews or trusted brand.

If you have tried both types of products and want to share your opinion, please feel free to let us know in the comments.

Images from Greenhouse by Philip Blythman – See the full story here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nicole Kidman’s Nine Perfect Strangers Trailer Is Here

Amber Valletta

Amber Valletta, Carolyn Murphy & Shalom Harlow Cover WSJ. Magazine